Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mt. Baker

Wayne took Deb and I for a drive yesterday afternoon. We drove to Mt Baker which is just under 11,000'. It also has several glaciers still living on it. We stopped at Nooksack Falls which were roaring with lots of
water. They were beautiful. I say they because the falls split off at a rock promontory at the top of the falls.
On the way home we stopped for dinner in Bellingham. The restaurant, Pepper Sister (?), serves a southwest
fare and offers veg and vegan meals. I had garlic potato enchilladas which were very tasty. It was a nice place, and crowded. We got a spot outside and it was pleasant with a jacket. Wayne was comfortable in a golf shirt. I will add the pictures to my profile.
Sprinkled last night but looks like it drying-up. What a turn-around in the weather pattern. Hopefully it will
be good cycling weather tomorrow as I head for Sequim.
Poot!

No comments:

Post a Comment