Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seattle hostel

My flight to Bellingham, WA was canceled at 1330 hrs. I stood in line for at least 30 mins.
while in line I looked at my Seattle cycling map and the location of the
Seattle hostel. Looked like a 12 mile ride to get there. From the chatter in the line,
it sounded like it would be hard to get a flight to Bellingham before evening.
That helped me make my decision to have my bike and baggage offloaded in
Seattle and start my trip here.
I got my bike right away I used my multi-tool to get the bike
road-worthy. I got everything tight except my pedals. I kept waiting
for my panniers but they did not show-up until  4:30! A baggage lady finally went back
to the baggage handling area and found my panniers.
I called the hostel and made a reservation. The hostel man advised me to take
the light rail system from the airport to the Chinatown station. The
hostel is a block away from the station. I took his advise and was able
to find elevators to get the bike upstairs to the platform,
Easy roll-on access and my car was never crowded.
I had a bike hook and room for my pannniers. $2.75 and 30 mins. Later
I was checking into the hostel.
I will head north for Whidbey Island tomorrow.
I should get to Deb's on Friday.
Blinky was manhandled by the TSA people they opened the bike box but
Retaped it. Alaska airlines folks tore some large holes in the box.
No worries, maties. Blinky is on my bed and doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment